Home / SEO Services
Cutting-Edge Ecommerce SEO for an Ever Evolving Algorithm
SEO changes all the time. To keep up with these changes, you have to follow SEO news, attend conferences, pay for advanced SEO training, brainstorm future algorithm shifts, and learn new technical skills.
As an independent SEO consultant, I invest a lot of time and money each year into SEO courses, conferences, and groups, to ensure the recommendations I make are up to date and effective.
“Matt cuts through the noise online and provides tremendous value to implement into your site straight away. His response time for my SEO questions was extremely fast and his guidance very helpful!“
“Incredible value. Matt is a consummate professional. Provided his SEO analysis on a very short timeline, and far exceeded my expectations. Highly recommend!“
“Matt has done a really great job for me on my SEO. Many thanks Matt”
“Matt was absolutely wonderful with debugging a technical SEO issue with my new website (and within Google Search Console). He was quick, responsive, and very trustworthy. If you’re thinking of hiring someone to help with your site’s SEO….hire Matt.”
“I have recently taken over a pub/restaurant business and I needed to get the new website up the search rankings to increase footfall. A friend of mine recommended Matt and I can honestly say he has done a great job. He has been very responsive, supportive and kept me updated throughout the process. The work he carried out was fast and effective – I would definitely recommend.“
“Matt is an amazing SEO technician. My website wasn’t showing up in Google’s search results after a re-design and he fixed the bug and had it functioning at the top of the results page in under 24 hours. Thanks, Matt!”
“From website setup, ongoing maintenance and updates Matt has been quick to respond to queries and provided an excellent service throughout. Would highly recommend.”
Types of Ecommerce SEO Services I Offer
Below are some of the types of ecommerce SEO services I offer.
Perfect for those who want to do their own SEO, but need some guidance.
Also appropriate if you’ve suffered from a drop in traffic or a Google penalty.
Monthly SEO Services
Best for those looking for consistent growth, with a hands-off service.
Long term focus, monthly reporting based on business goals.
Learn more about my monthly SEO services here.
Ideal if you’re struggling with the technical implementation of HREFLANG tags.
I can help with both strategy, bug fixing, and implementation.
Hourly SEO Consulting
Best for those with a specific problem, or a smaller budget.
I can work by the hour until your SEO issue is fixed.
Learn more about my hourly SEO consulting here.
Keyword Research & Site Structure
Ideal for those starting a new website, or who need to re-organise a bad website setup.
In-depth research into existing and new keywords, mapped to new or existing pages.
Learn more about my keyword research services here.
Ecommerce SEO FAQs
Do you work by the hour or can you provide a project price?
Yes I offer hourly SEO consulting, so you can pay by the hour until the project is finished. This is usually paid after the work is completed in pre-agreed blocks of time.
How long does SEO take?
SEO is a long term investment, and can take a long time to improve your traffic enough for you to see an ROI.
However this is heavily dependant on how authoritative your website is, the competitiveness of your industry, and the budget you have to invest.
It’s very difficult to say without a thorough anlaysis of your website and the market.
That being said, most websites will see an increase in clicks within 1-2 months of implementing SEO best practices.
How soon can you book SEO work in?
The ideal scenario is to book work in 1 month in advance. If you have an SEO emergency, then contact me to ask about an earlier slot, and I may be able to move a few projects around to accommodate you.
Do you have fixed term contracts with your SEO services?
No I don’t use fixed term contracts to offer SEO services. I prefer the results to do the talking. And it allows you to be flexible with your marketing budget, which is important for fast growing small-medium sized businesses.
Do I need to transfer my website to you?
No you can retain full control of your website as it is now, and I can work with your current development team or external agencies.
Do you offer hourly SEO consulting?
Yes I offer hourly SEO consulting, which can be useful for those who have a specific problem they want to fix, or a smaller budget where they want to fix the problem themselves.
What's included in your SEO reports?
In monthly SEO reports, you will receive a word document detailing the tasks completed, as well as an overview of the progress in traffic from Google Search Console, and commentary on your target keyword rankings.
You will also receive a keyword rank tracking spreadsheet, tracking long term keyword movement with benchmarks to understand how the project is performing.
How long does Ecommerce SEO take to improve my rankings?
SEO progress is very difficult to predict, as there are so many variables involved it makes it almost impossible to apply a fixed time period without analysing the site and industry.
The main factors are:
- Industry competitiveness – how many other companies are investing heavily in SEO services.
- Website authority – if your website has a lot of historical authority, SEO results usually happen more quickly.
- Budget – the more money you have to throw at the problem, the faster it usually goes.
- Technical constraints – sometimes there are difficult technical constraints to a project that make it difficult to implement changes.
In general, SEO results can appear within the first 1-2 months for easy keywords, or where there were simple changes holding the site back from rankings. However the best measure of an SEO campaign is to look over a 6-12-18 month period.
What's special about ecommerce SEO?
There are lots of unique elements to ecommerce SEO which differ from a traditional blog or portfolio website, including:
- Large number of pages – ecommerce sites tend to have a much larger number of pages, making technical and templated issues even more important to fix.
- Faceted navigation (aka product filters) – filters on your category page can often cause an exponential amount of urls to be indexed, which can cause website penalties related to the quality score (Google Panda).
- Schema.org/Rich Snippets – with the commercial intent of ecommerce websites, rich snippets are even more important, generated using proper schema.org code.
- Keyword research – the obvious keyword isn’t always the correct one for ecommerce, as the intent of a search results page can be informational, and so you may sometimes be best adjusting titles and optimisation for the “buy” variant of a keyword.
Contact me today for more information.
Ecommerce SEO Tutorials
Prefer to DIY? Browse my SEO tutorials below:
Advanced SEO Tools
(with more too cutting edge to list publicly)
- 1 Ecommerce SEO Services
- 1.1 Cutting-Edge Ecommerce SEO for an Ever Evolving Algorithm
- 1.2 Ecommerce SEO Reviews & Results
- 1.3 Types of Ecommerce SEO Services I Offer
- 1.4 Need Help With Your SEO?
- 1.5 Platform Specific Ecommerce SEO
- 1.6 Ecommerce SEO FAQs
- 184.108.40.206 Do you work by the hour or can you provide a project price?
- 220.127.116.11 How long does SEO take?
- 18.104.22.168 How soon can you book SEO work in?
- 22.214.171.124 Do you have fixed term contracts with your SEO services?
- 126.96.36.199 Do I need to transfer my website to you?
- 188.8.131.52 Do you offer hourly SEO consulting?
- 184.108.40.206 What's included in your SEO reports?
- 220.127.116.11 How long does Ecommerce SEO take to improve my rankings?
- 18.104.22.168 What's special about ecommerce SEO?
- 1.7 Ecommerce SEO Tutorials
- 1.8 Advanced SEO Tools