Mobile is massively important. As Google moves closer to a mobile first index, the implications for SEO will become even greater. Also with a lot of traffic now coming to ecommerce websites from mobile devices, the better engagement you have, the more sales you will make. But most themes /…
Learn Basic to Advanced SEO Techniques
“Digital marketing is an umbrella term for the targeted, measurable, and interactive marketing of products or services using digital technologies to reach and convert leads into customers and retain them. The key objective is to promote brands, build preference, engage with customers and increase sales through various digital marketing techniques”[Wikipedia].
Or more simply: “Marketing a business concept using online channels.” [Matt Jackson]
You’ve most likely heard the buzz word “online marketing“, “SEO“, “internet marketing“, and were wondering how you “got in on this gold rush”. To bring you back down to earth, digital marketing is difficult, and the competition in most profitable spaces is incredibly high.
That being said, every one of those marketers started somewhere, and so understanding the basic concepts will give you the foundation to test and work out an online strategy for your business.
So here are the best places to start when trying to get into online marketing:
- Online Marketing Glossary: This will give you a basic overview of the main terms in digital marketing, helping you understand the training better.
- Quicksprout: Neil Patel is well known to be a genius in inbound marketing, and this beginners guide has the majority of things you need all rolled into one.
- Moz: Their beginners guide to SEO has everything you need to get started with ranking your website in Google.
Too basic for you?
Well glad to know you’re a more experienced marketer.
Here are some advanced digital marketing resources to take a look at:
- Schema.org SEO Tactics (2017): This plants the seed of how you could manipulate schema.org markup to your advantage.
- SEO Skeptic (Aaron Bradley): Well known for being a future thinking SEO, he is particularly good with website markup.
- SEO by the SEA: Breaks down patent theories and tries to reverse engineer the Google ranking algorithm.
- Whiteboard Friday (Rand Fishkin): Weekly videos on internet marketing, with very useful and actionable information.
There we go, short but sweet!
What are your favourite online marketing resources you can’t live without? Leave the suggestions in the comments below.
Like the list? Share it on social media and help me gain some social proof and engagement rank 😉
Latest posts by Matt Jackson (see all)
- Problems With Focusing on Keyword Cannibals - May 17, 2018
- Ecommerce SEO Audit of The Shed Centre UK Website - May 17, 2018
- Keyword Cannibalization 2018 – Find it & Fix it for SEO - May 17, 2018